An Employers Guide to understanding maternity leave rights.
Pregnant employees are entitled to take up to 52 weeks statutory maternity leave, or as much leave as they wish to take, up to a maximum of 52 weeks.
Employees are entitled to take the full 52 weeks of statutory maternity leave regardless of their length of service or hours of work.
- NOTIFICATION OF PREGNANCY
- MATERNITY PAY
- TIME OFF FOR ANTE-NATAL CARE
- SICKNESS DURING PREGNANCY
- CONTACT WHILE ON MATERNITY LEAVE
- KEEPING IN TOUCH DAYS (KIT)
- HEALTH & SAFETY
- TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT WHILE ON MATERNITY LEAVE
- RETURNING TO WORK AFTER MATERNITY LEAVE AND RIGHTS ON RETURNING TO WORK AFTER MATERNITY LEAVE
- WHAT CAN AN EMPLOYEE DO IF NOT GETTING THEIR MATERNITY RIGHTS?
Our other employer guides
An Employers Guide to Carrying Out Investigations.
An Employers Guide to Supporting Transgender Employees in the Workplace.
An Employers Guide to Long Term Sick (LTS).